We'll lead the way
Excellence Through and Through
In 2011, IRON Financial successfully completed the Centre for Fiduciary Excellence’s (CEFEX) standards-based assessment for the first time. Certification demonstrates adherence to the industry’s best practices.
“…CEFEX-certified organizations have a higher degree of transparency. This is important in an industry which is often perceived as opaque by some investors.”
Press play for more on what it means to be CEFEX-certified…
Experience the IRON Difference
Comprehensive fiduciary solutions that meet the unique needs of institutional plans.
- Thousands of plans under management
- No hidden agenda
- No third-party compensation
- No proprietary funds
- No platform-owned or sub-advised funds that do not meet our rigorous selection criteria
- Maintains Centre for Fiduciary Excellence (CEFEX) certification (since 2011)
- Documented and repeatable
- Backed by extensive quantitative analysis and supported by qualitative due diligence
- Investment insights and actionable items provided quarterly
- Plan-specific reporting
What’s the difference?
The difference lies in liability. A 3(38) fiduciary assumes full investment fiduciary responsibility for the plan, while a 3(21) fiduciary provides investment recommendations for the plan, which the Plan Sponsor may or may not act upon. Ultimately, the 3(21) Plan Sponsor retains primary liability.
|3(38) Fiduciary||3(21) Fiduciary|
|Investment Manager maps funds||X||-|
|Investment Manager selects, monitors, and replaces funds||X||-|
|Investment Manager creates and adheres to Investment Policy Statement||X||-|
|Plan Sponsor selects funds||-||X|